Wednesday, May 30, 2012

(11) Macbeth or Lady Macbeth????


Haiii…Miss Dzeelfa,hope you don’t mind.

Can I still write even I’ve reach 10th posts? I just loves to reflect on what I’ve read and think…. At least I can share something with my friends…Since I’m not good in literature, I like to post it here..So that, my friends can teaches me more and correct me. Ohh yaaa… You know, this questions keep appear in my mind lately. Till this point I still cannot decide.

Macbeth or Lady Macbeth? Which one are evil than other? I cannot say Macbeth is evil than Lady Macbeth? At first, he is a nice person but at the end he changes to be an evil person.  I also shouldn’t say Lady Macbeth is evil than Macbeth. She maybe an evil woman at first but at the end she feel guilt. There is still human trait in herself. She also died because of her guiltiness.

Macbeth or Lady Macbeth? Which one we should blame? I cannot blame Macbeth for everything has happened. Yes.. He is the one who did the murder but, at first he does not wiling to. He has to do when his wife accused him for being coward. Man have their own ego, they will accept any challenge to protect their dignity. But all this cannot be used as a proof to blame Lady Macbeth. She also have no choice, She just do what she thinks is right. Every woman loves power. So did her, she just wants to be the queen and be respected by people.

Macbeth or Lady Macbeth ? which on are heartless than another? Macbeth may seem hesitate when his wife asks him to kill King Duncan. Even after he killed King Duncan, he feels scared and guilty. However, after that, he willing to kill his own best friend, Banquo.  How selfish he is when he willing to kill his own best friend just to cover his darkest deed.But I cannot said that Macbeth is heartless than Lady Macbeth. Lady Macbeth also a heartless woman. She also care for King Duncan but she willing Duncan died just because she wants her husband have the throne and she’ll be the queen. To show how heartless she is, I quote from Act 1 scene 7:

LADY MACBETH:
What beast was't then
That made you break this enterprise to me?
When you durst do it, then you were a man;(55)
And, to be more than what you were, you would
Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place
Did then adhere, and yet you would make both:
They have made themselves, and that their fitness now
Does unmake you. I have given suck, and know(60)
How tender ’tis to love the babe that milks me:
I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have pluck'd my nipple from his boneless gums,
And dash'd the brains out, had I so sworn as you
Have done to this.(65) 

How heartless she is when she said this line. But, this also is not a proof to say Lady Macbeth are heartless than Macbeth.

Can I say both of them are equal? They are perfect couple? I remember in the letter Macbeth sent to his wife…He was addressing his wife as His partner of greatness. For me…I think both of them share the evilness and both of them were heartless but I still cannot blame them. I don’t want to be judgmental. For me, I’ve never hated these two characters neither admires them, I just being rational that people will do anything to achieved their dreams. Can I say both of them too ambitious? I mean in negative connotations…

By the way, I found some quotes that I think can relate with the character.

Macbeth misuse his power as a king:

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” 
― Abraham Lincoln

Lady Macbeth, pretty yet dangerous….

“Beauty's only skin deep.
Everybody has ugly days.
We're all made of the same stuff underneath.
Acting right is better than looking right.
Realize what make you special beyond looks.
Evil can look pretty on the outside.” 
 
Shannon Delany, 13 to Life

1 comment: