Friday, June 1, 2012

(13) Macbeth gone all hip hop...


Hey ho..... You can guess right? It's me Khayma again... 

Sorry, i mean, i just could not keep away...

But this post is to simply upload the HIP HOP soul sista's going all nigger and rappers in the witches scene...

So, Ms Dzeelfa did ask us to do Macbeth, the hip hop version of it.... 
 It was Peisha, Khayma and Sharmila in one group, and so, the powerpuff girls.... became, 

THE SOUL SISTA's 


Sounds weird??

At first, i wanted to gossip girls.... But peisha said why not one person be gossipy, one becomes a diva and the last one a rapper... but then, i told her, we would not have a consept and it would be tough...so we finally agreed to go., all hip hop....

Sharmila's idea of hip hop was, NIKI MINAJ...OMG...i just never understood anything that MINAJ sings...so we said NO WAY

So then, i gave Peisha the part that we were going to work on, and she did the script... I must say, the script was AMAZING....

She came to my room on Saturday, ( Sharmila had gone out) and banged my door till i awoke from my beauty sleep....

She was too excited about the script, and so, half asleep, i listened, being jolted awoken by her slaps on my shoulder...

My lord.... Then she literally dragged me to my bathroom, and asked me to shower, and she got all the accesories ready... I came back, and got ready...

Sharmila also came back,a nd we got our gadis perak, Hanisah and Faizah to help us film.. It was 6 in the evening... we wanted to finish it by 7, but unfortunately, lines went wrong, there was too much laughter, and even at 7.30, the sky was getting darker, and we still haven't finished... Then the azan maghrib was on, and we had to wait...which is why the later part of the video was darker.... 

Hanisah was our dearest macbeth.... borrowing us her voice in the video.... 

Faizah held the script for us.... 

We had a few more additional scenes actually, in mind, but not executed, coz it was too tough... haisyyy...sorry

But, i think this was an immense success.... 

We did achieve our target of making everyone LAUGH... yeayyy

The other groups, ALL of them, the facebook group, the tamil, cantonese, utara, east coast boys and girls.... the manglish group, the sabah and sarawak individual, oh my, the videos were seriously amazingly AWESOME....

I never knew ther was so much talent within my coursemates.... This is one really amazing project... I was thinking, what will Dr Jaya say if he watches it? Will he too, fall off the chair laughing??

Yes, it was marvelous, and thanks to the amazing individual who inspired and motivated us, as well as guided us and came up with this awesome idea.... who else, if not...

MS DZEELFA....

All HAIL MS DZEELFA...

Thats all, thank you :)

1 comment:

  1. A very clever piece. I had hip hop with you all in mind. And you all delivered!

    ReplyDelete