Tuesday, May 1, 2012

(1) Macbeth?


I have heard of Macbeth when I was 10 I guess. I read about it in a book of general knowledge that I bought some time ago. Never really paid attention to Shakespeare's works until I stepped in to UPM in year 2009. The first time I had ever come in contact with Macbeth was the day Miss Dzeelfa asked us to attempt the questionnaires of Macbeth. It was mind-boggling. I had a hard time understanding the text. There are a few reasons to it. Firstly, the unfamiliar language (old English). Secondly, it was culturally unfamiliar too. These 2 points are enough to give me a headache for the past hour.

At first, I actually thought that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth were the same person. After reading a couple of extracts, I realized that they were not... and then my journey of complications started, as I try to figure out who were the characters and what the story is about. I have not attempted the text yet. I'm going to take a deep breath and look in to it soon. God bless me.

1 comment:

  1. You actually had an early intro to the man. And believe me you are not the only one who thought that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth are the same person.

    They are partner in greatness.

    Start discussing with your group mates asap!

    ReplyDelete