Tuesday, May 29, 2012

(9) Back to basic!


Hi Miss Dzeelfa! ;)

As you know, all my previous entries mostly were talking about ‘Macbeth’,and I wonder what to share about in this entry.

After several thought, I have decided to back to basic! Yes!Back to basic!

All this while, we (TESLian) was gone through several works by William Shakespeare. For example Measure of Measure, The Sonnet,  and now Macbeth! But somehow, I never bother to actually know better about Shakespeare’s profile. I just know the surface about him, not in deep! Ya, obviously I know his name, some of his work,and just  little bit of his personal life, and I think it is the time for me to reveal who Shakespeare is! (Although I’m sure most of you know him better!)
So people! Meet William Shakespeare! Tadaaaa


flawless huh? :P


Who are you dear Shakespeare?

Based on Mr. Wikipedia:
“William Shakespeare was born on 26 April 1564, and he died on 23 April 1616. was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's per-eminent dramatist.He is often called England's national poet and the "Bard of Avon"He then wrote mainly tragedies until about 1608, including Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, and Macbeth, considered some of the finest works in the English language.”

In my opinion, other than his awesome works, the most appealing issue regarding Shakespeare is about his sexuality. I still remember, when I was in form four my teacher used to talked about this issue and it is a very interesting to discuss as a whole groups. In that time, we will see variety of point of view from different people from different perspective. He was suspected that he had an affairs with other women, and more surprisingly he was also suspected as ‘gay’ based on the analysis of his finest,greatest poem-Sonnet 18, when he compare this famous phrase: “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day” to a man!


However, I still salute him for every amazing works that he has produced, and I am sure that it will last until..until..forever?

Oh by the way, I seriously adore "ROMEO AND JULIET" ! :D

Hanisah Safian (152604) 

No comments:

Post a Comment